The compounding process is a continuous process. The main steps in the compounding process are:
- The material development process at EverGreen Polymer Company begins with your application.
- We independently select the proper resin, additives, modifiers, fillers, reinforcing agents, and colorants to meet your performance and cost requirements. Once your compound properties are approved, samples may be produced for pre-production trials.
- From concept to production, our engineers and technical specialists are with you every step of the way to ensure a consistent, quality product with some of the shortest lead times in the industry.
- We pair imagination with engineering to successfully specialty compound with one or more of the following characteristics:
Our color experts consider resin, additive(s), lighting, and texture to create various levels of color matches. Special effects such as glow-in-the-dark, chroma-shift, and metallics enhance your product’s consumer appeal.
Conductive & Anti-static:
Our thermoplastics are compounded with a variety of standard or all-polymeric fillers to provide permanent anti-static properties and/or protection from electrostatic discharge.
EMI Shielding :
These compounds are ideal for applications where EMI interference can cause damage or interrupt the reliable operation of electronic components.
Thermoplastic elastomer compounds combine the functional performance and properties of thermoset rubbers with the processing ease and design flexibility of thermoplastics.
We can help you meet UL 94 or other flammability compliance requirements with halogen or non-halogen compounds that may include other properties such as: conductivity, wear resistance, and structural reinforcement.
Materials for use nearing 300 F (150 C) and greater are available in various forms, meeting rigorous tests for heat deflection, flammability, and other thermal performance measurements.
Structural & Reinforced:
These materials are engineered for strength using varying lengths of glass fiber, carbon fibers, and other additives to meet the unique demands of your application. Short-, advanced-, and long-fiber compounds are all included in this product family.
Wear Resistant & Lubricated:
These internally lubricated thermoplastics extend part life and lower the coefficient of friction to minimize volumetric material loss. Eliminating external lubricants helps keep mechanisms and components clean, enhancing long-term performance and reliability.
- Automotive, Building and Construction
- Appliances & Housewares
- Health & Hygiene
- Leisure & Sport
- Textiles, etc.